What an amazing experience BritMums Live! was.
I’ve been to many conferences and events – and spoken at a fair few too – but my first BritMums Live! was a really special adventure which I thoroughly enjoyed. Being a speaker at events often means that you don’t really have a great time – you’re too busy prepping and fussing to really soak up the atmosphere. But at BritMums Live! the sheer scale of the organisation and smooth running helped me to relax and enjoy it as much as if I had been a “real delegate.”
I managed to catch up with some old “mum chums” and connect with some new ones too. I also attended several sessions and keynotes – I particularly enjoyed
- Getting paid: Innovative ideas for making money and how much are you worth?
- Writing reviews and sponsored posts readers love and brands like.
- Style blogging for fashion, beauty and home.
My session on Saturday morning went fine – I was really pleased at the turnout as I know that many bloggers don’t enjoy the SEO side of their websites and so it was great to see how many were interested in learning more and improving their search engine results. [If you missed my session you can grab my slides here]
Next time I will
- Contact peeps I want to connect with ahead of the weekend – 500+ peeps are too many to try and find a face in the crowd
- Make sure I meet sponsors outside the coffee breaks – these were the times I found best for having mutually beneficial conversations
- Make sure I book the Hoxton Hotel again – good times!
Surprisingly I found myself dusting off my languishing personal blog and thinking about how I could give this blogging thang another go – so thanks Britmums Live! for reigniting my blogging spark!